Swagtron T6 Review: New All Terrain Hoverboard Coming Soon!
The Swagtron T6 Off Road Hoverboard was announced at CES 2017 in January and is set to be released later this year. So what can we expect? First of all, this is an all terrain hoverboard unlike the Swagtron T1, T3 and T5 which are currently on the market. These hoverboard are most suitable for use on smooth pavement or indoors. The T6 hoverboard will be suited to a variety of terrains like sand, gravel, snow, mud and grass making it a better board for those looking for a bit more adventure! This Swagtron T6 review is just a summary of what we know about the hoverboard right now.
Swagtron T6 Release Date
We don’t yet know the release date for the T6 hoverboard, but hopefully it will be released in time for summer so that we can use it during the holidays! As soon as we find out the date we’ll update this article so bookmark us and check back regularly for any new info we have on this product.
Swagtron T6 Price
Looking at the other off road hoverboards on the market e.g the Halo Rover, Jetson Rover V8, Epikgo etc. I estimate this will probably cost between $600 and $800. Most likely it will be at the top end of this estimation when first released, but may be reduced in time for Black Friday and Christmas.
Swagtron T6 vs T1 vs T3 vs T5 – How Will They Compare?
- This is Swagtron’s first off road hoverboard, so it will be the only one of their T series hoverboards that can travel over a variety of terrains.
- All terrain hoverboards are bigger (this will have 10 inch wheels), will have pneumatic tires for a more stable, comfortable ride, and will be more powerful in general. Consequently, it will almost certainly be the most expensive of the lot.
- Like the T3 it will also have Bluetooth capability with built in speakers, 3 different riding modes, and a mobile app that can be used to monitor battery life, check route history etc. and a built in carrying handle. However it will far surpass the T3 in terms of where you can actually ride it.
- Like the other Swagtron models it will have LED headlights, rubber bumpers, and non slip footpads.
- Speed and range will be similar for all models – they reach a top speed of 8mph (except for the T5 which is slower and is more of an “entry level” hoverboard).
Swagtron T6 vs Off Road Hoverboard Competitors?
The T6’s main competitors will be the Halo Rover (currently our top rated hoverboard), the Jetson V8 and the Epikgo hoverboards. All these are great all terrain hoverboards, but the T6 promises to be slightly different.
- First of all, the others have 8.5 inch wheels but the Swagtron T6 will have 10 inch wheels so will be bigger.
- The T6 will have a 420lb weight limit (vs under 300lbs for most other hoverboards) so will have the highest weight capacity of any hoverboard on the market.
- Speed and range will be similar, with the T6 traveling up to 8mph for a range of approximately 11 miles.
- Most other features are similar too – Bluetooth, mobile app, air filled tires, tough off road exterior etc.
The Bottom Line
After getting a sneak preview of the Swagtron T6 off road hoverboard at CES 2017, I’m excited to try this out as I think it has great potential. Swagtron are a decent brand with good products, and the T1 hoverboard has been particularly popular with kids and adults of all ages. It’s likely the T6 will be one of the top selling all terrain hoverboards by the end of this year so its well worth checking it out when its released!
With the maximum load capacity of 420lbs this hoverboard will make hoverboard riding more accessible to a wider audience as most previous boards only carry between 220lbs and 260lbs.
That’s all the info available for now, but I’ll update this Swagtron T6 review as I find out more!