Best Buy Now Pay Later Hoverboard Payment Plans For 2017
This topic first came up when a friend of mine asked me if I knew of any Buy Now Pay Later hoverboard payment plans. It was coming up to Christmas 2016 and he wanted to buy a hoverboard for his son, but it had to be high quality and fully safety certified (understandably), and he couldn’t quite afford a one time payment at the time. Knowing I’m a big fan of hoverboards/self balancing scooters he thought I might have heard of one. I actually had never come across a hoverboard payment plan, but I agreed to look into it. Unfortunately, after extensive research it seemed that there just wasn’t any available – no legitimate payment plans anyway!
Best Buy Now Pay Later Hoverboards
That was in 2016, but now in 2017 I recently found two great Buy Now Pay Later hoverboard offers. If you’ve checked out my list of top hoverboards in 2017, you’ll see my favorite hoverboard at the moment is by far the Halo Rover 8.5″ off road hoverboard . Their hoverboard generally costs $597 for the most popular color (the Black Edition) or $$647 for other colors like blue, white and pink – not an insignificant outlay for a one off payment. They ARE one of the more expensive hoverboards on the market, but with this product you do get what you pay for! Off road capability, durability, full safety certification etc. – not only are they one of the most versatile hoverboards available today, but also one of the safest.
They’ve recently added the flexibility of a payment plan, which means you can pay as little as $50 a month for a Halo Rover. They also have a cheaper hoverboard available called the Halo Go.
Another hoverboard payment plan is the one provided by the popular USA company Swagtron.com. Swagtron use a company called Affirm to take payments over a 3, 6 or 12 month period. A down payment may be required, and credit is subject to a credit check and approval. Rates are from 10-30% APR.
All products over $100 on their website can be paid for using Affirm, so you can choose between the popular hoverboards Swagtron T1, T5, T3, T6 and T580 or one of their other electric rideables. Swagtron products can be purchased outright on Swagtron.com, on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Their hoverboard payment plan is ONLY available on the official Swagtron.com website.
How Does Halo Rover Hoverboard Payment Plan Work?
A payment plan means that you can spread the cost of your purchase making it easier to buy the things you want. You won’t have to pay for the item up front, just make small, affordable payments over a period of time (e.g. 24 months).
Here’s how to get a Halo Rover hoverboard with payment plan:
Visit the official website here and click on the “Shop Now” button to see Halo Board’s collection of hoverboards.
They have the following in stock:
- (My favorite) The Halo Rover 8.5″ Off Road Hoverboard (available from $50 per month)
- Halo Rover S 6.5″ Off Road Hoverboard – a smaller version (available from $46 per month)
- Halo Go 6.5″ Hoverboard (available from $33 per month)
Here’s what to do next:
- Visit the sales page for any of these hoverboards to read about their features and specs, see pics of the product in use, and read reviews from verified buyers.
- Once you’ve picked your hoverboard just “Add To Cart” – you’ll be taken to the secure checkout where you enter your details like name, shipping address etc.
- Choose your shipping method – free delivery or next day delivery
Delivery is fast and they offer FREE shipping . Next day delivery is also available if you need a hoverboard at short notice, but this costs an extra $125.
- If you decide to pay up front with a one time payment you can use discount code RIDE20 to get $20 off your order (type it into in the Discount box) and click “Apply”.
- Click on “Continue To Payment Method”. Here you can choose to pay using credit card, Paypal or Klarna (Pay over time).
- Then just “Complete Order” – if you chose Paypal you will be redirected to Paypal to make your payment. If you chose Klarna you will be redirected to Klarna Payments to set up your credit agreement. You will get an instant decision (subject to credit terms) and if you already have a Klarna credit account you won’t need to reapply.
Why Buy The Halo Rover?
Well other than the fact that it’s the only hoverboard with a payment plan (which I guess is what you’re looking for if you’re reading this!) there are plenty other reasons why I like this hoverboard so much. You can read my detailed review of the Halo Rover if you need more info, but here’s a summary of the main points.
- It’s an off road hoverboard, which means it can tackle a variety of terrains including sand, gravel, grass, dirt and all sorts of uneven ground (if you don’t want an off roader the Halo Go is also available).
- It comes with 8.5″ wheels, or if you want something smaller you can opt for the Halo Rover S which has the more traditionally sized 6.5″ wheels.
- Suitable for all the family – kids from the age of 8+, teenagers, and adults will all love the Halo Rover. The perfect Christmas gift that everyone can have fun with!
- Fully UL2272 certified (with UL certified charger) – this hoverboard is NOT a fire hazard (unlike some cheaper models which aren’t certified)
- Travels at a speed of up to 10mph for up to 10 miles
- Comes with Bluetooth capability and speakers
- For anyone who loves their smartphone there’s a Halo Rover app!
- FREE carry case (worth $110) included with your purchase
- Halo Board offer fast, FREE shipping (or even next day shipping if you don’t mind paying extra)
- Designed and based in the USA
Basically Halo Rover = Quality. This is one of the best hoverboards on the market in 2017 and will continue to dominate in 2018. I love mine and wouldn’t be without it, plus its a brand that I’m happy to let my kids use knowing that they’ll be safe (as long as they use it properly and don’t do anything crazy!)
At the time of writing, the Halo Rover or Swagtron are your best options if you’re looking for Buy Now Pay Later hoverboard payment plans. If you can’t afford to pay for a hoverboard outright, you can get one for as little as $33 per month with Klarna on Haloboard.com or the cheapest Swagtron hoverboard, the Swagtron T5, starts at just $22 per month with Affirm.
Non promotional purchases will have an APR of 19.99% so if you want to get a hoverboard in time for Christmas now’s a good time to buy. Once the 0% APR promotion is over you WILL end up paying interest on your purchase.
Here’s the Halo Rover in action – it’s just a short promo video to show you what it can do: